What is EMDR Therapy?
Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) therapy is an integrative psychotherapy approach that has been extensively researched and proven effective for the treatment of trauma. EMDR is a set of standardized protocols that incorporates elements from many different treatment approaches.
What kind of problems can EMDR treat?
Scientific research has established EMDR as effective for post traumatic stress. However, clinicians also have reported success using EMDR in treatment of the following conditions:
- Panic Attacks, Complicated Grief,
- Dissociative Disorders, Disturbing Memories
- Phobias, Pain Disorders, Performance Anxiety,
- Stress Reduction, Addictions
- Sexual and/or Physical Abuse,
- Body Dysmorphic Disorders, Personality Disorders
For more information regarding EMDR, the EMDRIA button below will redirect you to the EMDRIA website.